Need Help Please!!!! Idle Problems! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Help Please!!!! Idle Problems!

kismatik

Reaction score
City, State
Midwest city, oK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I cant seem to figure out why my idle is so bad. the truck drives fine and when at speed and put in neutral the idle is ok. BUT... as soon as i slow down the idle will drop down to nothing somtimes even dieing. and then jumping back up to normal. then it will be fine for a few seconds then do it again. it not the tps or aic. i cleaned the egr no help. maybe coil? plugs? maf? i dunno. also i get like 8 mile to the gallon. and on occasion my tack will die and the check engin light will come on...... im stumped.

I think the next thing I would try would be to pull codes from the computer.

I agree with Mr.Shorty.Actually i used to have a similar thing going on with my previous car,it wasn't an EX,though,that was a 92 oldsmobile cutlass supreme and what's unusual is that it was 5speed manual.What happened was the idle speed up to almost 2000 rpm when started.Then came the day when both the tach and the speedo weren't showing any readings because,as i was told later,they were operated by computer.Eventually i went to the mechanic and he said that the comp has to be replaced.After he changed the computer,everything was allright except for the idle speed problem

Back