Need Help Please.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Help Please..

fatezer0

Reaction score
I bought my 03 Explorer XLT back in January. Ever since I've had it, there has been problems with it. I am pulling Cylinder Misfire codes. The first time I brought it in in to my mechanic it was code P0300 which is a "Random Cylinder Misfire". I had the spark plugs and wires replaced which did not help. I just brought it in again last week and they pulled P0301, P0303, and P0305 which is "Cylinder 1, 3, and 5" misfiring. They replaced the coil pack and still did not help a damn thing. Anyone have misfiring/stumbling/hesitation problems and possibly know a cause for this? I suspect it can be many things like o2 sensors, egr valve, fuel injectors, vacuum leak, catalytic converter, etc. My truck upon misfiring, is hesitating to accelerate, and at random times I even get a rough idle or its hard to start. Any help will be appreciated, Thank you,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how many miles? ever replace fuel filter?

I have code P0300 too. See the following thread:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217062

Not that my situation is the same as yours but I just bought a can of MAF sensor cleaner and am going to start with cleaning the MAF sensor. FYI, my truck starts easily and accelerates just fine. Problem is just with idling after the truck warms up.

More info will help. Engine, miles and mods

Vacuum Leak?

I would firs.t look to the EGR or a vacuum leak around the intake or back side of engine where the PCV is located

Hey guys... I have a blinking check engine light when cold, and it runs horrible. Guys at auto zone did the scan for me, said #3 misfire, they did not give me the code, but im assuming its P0303. Once it warms up, its fine. Check engine is on steady. Recently I have replaced the "Vapor Management Valve"... not sure if that might have anything to do with it? before replacing the valve, I was running with a bad one for a long while. Could that have damaged something?

One time I pulled water through the motor (oops...) and it basically inverted one of the plugs! It was strange, cause everything still worked once it warmed up, but it was rough idle and loss of power cold. Very similar to this situation now, but, I have not pulled water through....

I will try some of the small solutions posted, like cleaning the sensors, and checking vacuum lines and plugs. BTW... which cylender is #3?? or all of them for that matter... Thanks a ton!

Back