Need help! Pulled code P0455 "Evap Control Sys Leak detected, gross leak" | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Need help! Pulled code P0455 "Evap Control Sys Leak detected, gross leak"

RTStork

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Grand Bay, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer XLT 5.0L 2WD
The check engine light has come on a few times and I reset the computer and it would stay off for about a week. I decided to go by Auto Zone and have the code pulled. Now that I have the code, how do I figure out what all is part of the "Emission Evaporation Controls System" so that I can find out where this "leak" might be?

RedBeard

Reaction score
City, State
North Georgia, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
My chilton's manual says the gas cap is one of the things in the whole EVAP system. I know a gas cap with a bad seal will turn on the CEL.

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Originally posted by RTStork
The check engine light has come on a few times and I reset the computer and it would stay off for about a week. I decided to go by Auto Zone and have the code pulled. Now that I have the code, how do I figure out what all is part of the "Emission Evaporation Controls System" so that I can find out where this "leak" might be?

Take a look at this site, Dead Link Removed it might help you.

Good luck......

RTStork

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Grand Bay, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer XLT 5.0L 2WD
Thanks for the help guys. I will check the gas cap and also look at that website too.