Need Help replacing a factory installed stereo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Help replacing a factory installed stereo

rolltide0

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport Trac
Hey, I have an 01 Sport Trac with the factory installed single disc CD player w/tape. I had to replace it, and the replacement is finally in, but I am a little confused on the wiring setups.

When I disconnected the old stereo, I saw there were 2 plugs, a longer rectangle plug and a shorter, nearly square plug. According to the diagrams this is for an externally powered amp which I do not have. Is this true? If not what is this plug used for?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Hey, I have an 01 Sport Trac with the factory installed single disc CD player w/tape. I had to replace it, and the replacement is finally in, but I am a little confused on the wiring setups.

When I disconnected the old stereo, I saw there were 2 plugs, a longer rectangle plug and a shorter, nearly square plug. According to the diagrams this is for an externally powered amp which I do not have. Is this true? If not what is this plug used for?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

i had two plugs and I'm pretty sure the extra one went th the rear radio controls. Anyways I just left it out and everything works fine except the rear radio controls which never got used anyways. Hope that helps.

Back