• Register Today It's free!

need help to lift my truck

robertpia

Reaction score
City, State
toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ford sport trac4x4
hey guys, i have a 2005 ford sport trac 4x4 4L V6 and need help in any way to lift it.

Im in a situation, I have been looking around, calling mechanics and manufactures. Apparently all I can purchase is a 3" body lift, 2" torsion keys in replace of the stock ones. Bigger tires. but thats about it?!?!? I called superlift and they said that the suspension lifts that they had for the sport trac have been dicontinued 3 years ago. no shackles for this truck either?? what can I do to lift this truck????????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At the minimum you could do a torsion twist and shackles. I'm pretty certain that the Warrior shackles will fit the Sport Trac, but I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong.

Here is one thread to get you started:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231158

Use the google search box at the top of every page to search for "lifted 2005 sport trac" there were a bunch of hits.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum:chug:

The lift kits by superlift are still available but when you see them they are pricy.
http://rockymountainsusp.com/fd4_Explorer_95.htm
Personally I just got my torsion lift and AAL and a Body Lift. Gonna stick a set of 33" on it and be done they look good on 33" and not tool tall to roll over all the time.

Robert,

There is a sticky thread that discusses the lift options at length. There is another sticky that shows photos of everyone who has lifted their truck.

The information is at your fingertips and has been covered dozens of times.
Read the threads, they answer just about every question about lifting a ST.

Back