Need help troubleshooting tweeter install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help troubleshooting tweeter install

diesel_s

Reaction score
City, State
Buford, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ST Limited
I want to install some tweeters in my truck and I already have them mounted where I want them, the issue now is running them to the head unit. I have a pioneer avic F90bt, lovely head unit, and my output is run to the RCA's and on back to my amp...i could wire the tweeters to the amp, but I did that once and my God were those things loud, plus according to the company that makes the tweeters, it is suggested that they are run to the head unit. My issue is the wiring back there, of course I did all of it myself, but being that none of my stock speaker wires are still connected, how would I tap into the output wires from the head unit to run them to the tweeters and the rca's at the same time or do i need another harness or something. i tried to tap into them earlier and all it did was cause one of my speakers to play wayyyy lower than the other one and once i disconnected the tweeters again, the sound picked right back up. I'm lost. This is the connection that runs into my RCA's

Photo-0246.jpg

NOt sur about your headunit, but on any I've ever messed with it had the RCA outputs (which you pictured), and another connector for speakers wires to connect to, along with power and ground, You'd have to tap into those for the tweeters, not the RCA outputs

SO essentially what your saying is that I need to get a connector that plugs into both the RCA's and the stock wires......gonna have to search for that today

I got my tweeters installed, i was completely over-thinking the situation and making it a lot harder than necessary. Tuned them yesterday and they sound great, actually gonna be redoing my entire system (again) this weekend, got an assload of new equipment for dirt cheap

Back