• Register Today It's free!

Need help w/ finding rims..

hunter61533

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ford Explorer
okay ive been looking for quite some time to find rims to fit my explorer.. and so far no luck... i was wondering if someone on here could help... i am really interested in the Moto Metal rims but cant find any to fit my 05 explorer..

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orustore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=808&idproduct=7678

these are the rims i like.. somthing along the lines like this.. so if anyone knows where to get ones like this please let me know.. thanks..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

see i dont know all that much about rims.. i knew the bolt pattern matched but i didnt know what the 17X9 was.. im guessing the rim size x ? idk lol.. thats why im posting on here..

see i dont know all that much about rims.. i knew the bolt pattern matched but i didnt know what the 17X9 was.. im guessing the rim size x ? idk lol.. thats why im posting on here..

Yes 17x9 is the size of the rim. 17" diameter x 9" width. What tires are you planning on running?

nothing fancy.. just what i have on there now.. 245/ 65/ 17 cooper all terrain i might go w/ more aggressive tires in the future.. what is a stock width on the explorer rims?

Lol thanks teejay. And hunter, you can run a 245/65r17 tire on a 9" wide rim, that's what I'm running on my truck right now

no affraid not.. havent gotten around to it.. mine looks alot like ronnin's but just stock lol.. and an 05

The lower the offset, the further the rim will stick out from your truck. Stock rims are +44 offset so -
-18 offset means they will stick out quite a bit. If you click on the link "my ex vera" in my signature look for pictures of my truck with the silver rims, those are only -6 offset so yours will stick out about a 1/2 inch further

alright thanks everyone... now do u know of any other websites that would have these rims w/ dif offset? or smaller width other than 9?

Discount tire has that or similar wheel. They will test fit to ensure no rub. I'm not a fan of on line tires/wheels because returns are a problem. Local retailer will handle any issues on the spot. Ain't easy to pull your wheels off and ship somewhere unless you don't need transportation for a week or two. I have had tire problems on top quality high end and middle of the road ones too. I made the mistake of buying on line just once!

New Wheels (Moto Metal 951's)
2011-12-22_10-22-56_258.jpg

2011-12-22_10-23-17_221.jpg

2011-12-22_10-23-24_917.jpg

100_0679.jpg

This guy "jwigs7" runs the same rim your lookin at. Could try askin him what offset and rim size he got. I know he runs a 265/70r17 tire

I have an awsome set of 20"x9 black with machined with Kumho tires and lugnuts. They are about 8 months old and have about 5000 miles on them and they are like brand new. $1500 for all. They are the ones that were on my truck before I lifted it. I also have a set of modified drop coils I will take $100 for.
5L55G55Jf3I13J33H8c1obe6d7faf8da112e7.jpg

5Gb5H85M33M33F63N7c1o09c5c9bfc54d1e3f.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back