Need help with 2007 Sport track lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with 2007 Sport track lift

Ron Klimo

Reaction score
City, State
Hamburg, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
Hey folks,
Newly registered to these forms but have been reading hundreds of posts about Explorer Sport Tracs for quite a while. Maybe some of you can share your expertise and give me some help….
I am looking to lift the rear of my 2007 Sport Trac approximately 2”. The rear currently sits approximately 1” lower than the front and I just want about 1” higher than the front. I carry aprox. 400 lbs of rescue equipment in the bed all the time and tow a camper 2 times a year and need the lift to level and to get some additional height/ suspension for the camper.
I have only found the following items to attempt to do this and would like your opinions on them: (some of which do not show the sport trac matches but I have the correct part numbers from those here on forums) I am assuming that parts from an Explorer will fit a Sport trac as well

Rancho Quick lifts loaded: RS999924, RS999927, RS999939, and RS999942 (just need to figure out which are for the rear) but I don’t know if this will give me the lift I want without the Traxda plates below.

Traxda lift kits: #102010 which I would have to buy additional spacers for the rear and throw away the fronts (if I don’t want to use them)

Cusco adjustment screw kits: These do not give any information as to how much height I can get out of these.

I have also been trying to find the factory height of the rear to no avail to see if just a new set of loaded shocks will solve the problem altogether.

I have visited multiple shops in my area and no one can tell me what shocks or plates will fit my vehicle because they don’t show up on any of the websites for Sport Tracs. (except Cusco) So I am hoping that Explorer parts will fit the Sport Trac
Thank you in advance for any of your help

Truxada or truxx leveling kit is what you are looking for. you cant go any higher then the kit though, because the rear CV joints run through the frame and the allowable max is the kit. The price you pay for IRS I guess. The first step towards the Car they call the Explorer now days.

An air lift kit might be a way to go. Unfortunately I haven't seen one made especially for the sport trac with rear independent suspension. But a universal kit could probably be made to work if your handy doing a little fabrication. Just something to think about.

Back