• Register Today It's free!

need help with amp.

The FireMedic

Reaction score
City, State
south carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 sport trac xlt
has anyone wired an amp for a sport trac? what is the best way to get the power wire from the battery to the amp inside the cab? drill thru the firewall?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

has anyone wired an amp for a sport trac? what is the best way to get the power wire from the battery to the amp inside the cab? drill thru the firewall?
Look under your truck. There are rubber grommets underneath the truck to pull wire into the back of the cab.

also, try underneath the deash on the passenger side, you will see an orange wire with a rubber grommet that goes through the firewall, its easier to see and access. keep us posted, I want to install an amp myself.:)

i just ran the wire under the drivers side dash lil black ruber stopper i just pulled it back but i will look under truck for the ruber thing john was talking about thanks Jeremy

The ones I am talking about are oval shaped, maybe 1 inch long. I guess the proper term would be rubber plug. But you can punch a hole through them for your wire. I have a 400Watt Power inverter behind my driver's seat. And I power it from a wire from the power distribution box next to the battery under the body and through the rubber plug that is just behind the drivers seat(if memory serves).

Ok, I have a bad memory. It's round, not oval shaped.

P10205921.jpg

Oh yeah, looking from inside the vehicle it is behind the interior, but you can see it looking up at the bottom of the truck.

Here's a picture I just took of mine. And yes, I've been driving around with most of my interior removed. I'm not looking to impress any women and it's an offroad truck. :D

P1020591.jpg

Ok, I have a bad memory. It's round, not oval shaped.

P10205921.jpg

Oh yeah, looking from inside the vehicle it is behind the interior, but you can see it looking up at the bottom of the truck.

Here's a picture I just took of mine. And yes, I've been driving around with most of my interior removed. I'm not looking to impress any women and it's an offroad truck. :D

P1020591.jpg

john thanks for all the help you have given me and im sure everyone elce apricates it i sent u another pm i ran mine though same kinda plug thats under the dash but i think im going to re route it this way

Back