need help with body lift

95offroadx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Palmyra, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt
i already have a 5" susp lift, soo would you think that adding a 1"-2" body lift will cause a ton of body roll or make it feel top heavy???

need more lift for the 35's im gettin soon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there are alot of people on here that have the 5.5 or 6 inch lift with a 3 inch body lift. If you still have the sway bars on than it should be fine or if they are off than as u probably know the body will lean a little (just go slower around turns). Also with the big suspension lift plus the body lift u will have to watch out for brake lines, steering linkage, stuff like that. I know most people dont like body lifts b/c of that, so u might want to think about fiberglass flares, or if money is tight, cut some finder :D

Of course a 2-3" BL will make it feel/look taller. Leave the sway bars on, and it should be too big of a difference. My personal opinion, trim some fender and go all suspension. Lots of guys run 35s and 6" suspension lifts. What's your real setup...cause they don't make a " 5" " suspension lift. Is it a 4" lift with spacers up front and SOA rear? You might be able to throw in a set of 6" SJ coils, and move the hole in the brackets (but I'm not sure if that works for ALL brackets or just Skyjacker, etc)

i have a 4" rough country lift, with soa and f150 spacers, but i was my axle pivot bracket is only 3", and my aligment shop said its all the bigger i can go with out having major chamber issues,

trim the fenders.... colin fenderguy had 4" of lift on his truck and had 35s, he did trim the fenders... but soooo what......

he also had glass fenders

I don't think so...IIRC, he ran the 35s with STOCK fenders (trimmed of course) and later bought the glass. I may be wrong though.

i remember seeing a picture of his explorer with 33's and front glass

i have 5.5 with 3" b/l

I have a 3" b/l 5.5 in the front and around 9" in the rear.(soa,add leaf,shackels). It can get tippy at times but it never stopped me from wheeling.

Attachments

• the boys messinaround 001 (2).jpg
    the boys messinaround 001 (2).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 140

Back