• Register Today It's free!

Need help with explorer key fob!!

Green96Rebuilt

Reaction score
City, State
orlando, fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Eddie Bauer Exploder
hello all I am a new member on here and I am stuck on this key fob problem, I have already cut and respliced the common problem corroded wire in the back drivers floor it wasn't even damaged but my remote still doesn't work ( have also replaced the batteries in the remote and I did replace the actual battery in the engine compartment as well as the terminal ends and I swear it worked that night but the next morning nothing!) so mine goes into the learn mode I think because if I turn the key it'll do the locks thing after about 5 cycles, not eight. It doesn't have a chipped key it's just a blank the previous owner had cut and it starts the car and unlocks the door fine... Please help me!!! Is there a way to test the key fob? I have a 2006 f150 that I tested the key fob reprogram thing on and my remote wouldn't program to that but I'm guessing do to it being incompatible... Someone please help before I rip the drivers door off and go searching for the dreaded corroded wire in there ! :(:mad:

Back