• Register Today It's free!

need help with fender flares!

AQexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Abingdon, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Ok, im going to get fender flares...the problem is with waht color to paint them, or not to paint them.

My explorer is a two-tone white/gray explorer, and has black nerf bars and brushguard.

Should i leave the flares black, or paint them gray to match the trim??

and if you think i should paint them gray, does anybody know the exact color or code for the paint. Its the medium dark gray that comes on all two-tone explorers.

thanks

To paint or not to paint is more of a personal opinion than anything. I think it is up to you as to how your own vehicle should look. If it weren't then it wouldn't truly be "your's."
Here's what I would do if it were my X. First I'd pick the flares and once I had them in hand I would temporarily mount the flares on one side. Then I'd take a few steps back and admire the new look. If for some reason it doesn't quite look as good as you'd hoped, take a picture of the side (this is where a digital camera comes in handy, but you can use a regular camera also). If you have to use a regular camera, finish the roll of film and run down to the 1 hour photo lab. With your picture in hand (or on the computer if its digital) change the color of the flares to the body color of your choice. This is easier done on a computer, but if you are working with a picture it is as simple as making a mask to cover the flare out of masking tape, then color it. Now you can see what your X will look like with body color flares vs. black.

the paint color codes are on the sticker on the drivers side door
hope this help's:cool:

Back