Need help with installation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with installation

Post number 6 has been selected as best answered.

Woodybraddock

Reaction score
City, State
Rosemead, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer sport
I recently redid the timing components on my 2001 Explorer sport 4.0l sohc and putting it back together I can’t seem to figure out where a component gets installed. See attached photo. Any help would be appreciated thanks
A62616B6-B1A4-42B9-BEF3-40BC8258C199.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MAF sensor, TPS sensor, DIS Module? Did you check the sensors under the manifold.

MAF sensor, TPS sensor, DIS Module? Did you check the sensors under the manifold.
Sorry I wasn’t more specific I meant the silver metal tube pointing toward the firewall

Does it go here?
Just looking at your pic and I see this hole

171_261023_240000000.jpg

This is why I always follow the golden rule. Take pictures as you go...

That looks like the metal pipe that's supposed to go around the PCV valve (the PCV twists into the back of the driver's side valve cover on the Job 2 SOHC engine). The pipe loop carries hot water to keep the PCV from freezing up I suppose. Depending where you live it may not even be necessary.

New PCV valves come with the tube installed on the valve. You (or someone) would have to have bent it to get it off the valve.
1593371702434.png

@410Fortune - That's not a hole. It's a valve cover bolt.

That looks like the metal pipe that's supposed to go around the PCV valve (the PCV twists into the back of the driver's side valve cover on the Job 2 SOHC engine). The pipe loop carries hot water to keep the PCV from freezing up I suppose. Depending where you live it may not even be necessary.

New PCV valves come with the tube installed on the valve. You (or someone) would have to have bent it to get it off the valve.
View attachment 318136

@410Fortune - That's not a hole. It's a valve cover bolt.
Thanks man. I figured that’s what it was I just needed to take a step back and think clearly

Back