Need help with interior tool/parts storage | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with interior tool/parts storage

mikejbam

Reaction score
City, State
Mitchell, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Hi,

I'm about to be the operator of a 2011 Explorer my company is purchasing for my use. It will replace a Chrysler mini van and my question is about how to store and organize/secure my small cargo of tools and equipment.

I've googled a bit and found several sites that provide equipment for public safety vehicles. I am considering getting a partition since I do store some hand tools and items that would damage the back of my head if I were to stop suddenly. But mainly I want to secure a couple tool boxes and a tote of electronics so they're not sliding around.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of cargo and what the best way would be to keep it secure in the Explorer? Are there any accessories available that would help? Oh, and how easy are the rear seats to remove?

Thanks!!

MikeB

hey I have a first gen and installed a3rd row seat with a storage box underneath, after looking at your truck I found that there should be a space where the 3rd row had been you could easily build in a nice storage box,as for removal there are some bolts that hold the hing in place. I couldn't find any better info than that, sorry

Back