need help with motor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need help with motor

dentedcustoms

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer
I just finished getting a used motor into my truck but cant get it to start. It will crank over I dont hear the fuel pump start when I put into the start possition with the key. I replaced my fuel pump relay with no luck. any and all help would be great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

UH- replace pump?

Time to break out the volt meter.. You need to check if there is power going out the fuel cutoff switch (under carpet, passenger side transmission hump/firewall).

Assuming you have power going out of the cut off switch then check it at the fuel pump. If its at the fuel pump, the pump is bad, if not, you have a broken wire.

My guess is its either not going out the fuel cutoff switch (it got tripped) or its not going into the fuel cutoff switch which would be relay/fuse etc...

The trick is isolating down when you lose the power or if you never have it in the first place.

~Mark

I got the motor running ended up being a fuse daaaaaa.. sorry to waste everyones time and not checking everything first.. thanks for the replies....

glad u got it fixed

Back