• Register Today It's free!

Need Help with my 2001 Sport

XplorerSport

Reaction score
City, State
Bedford, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 sport
I need help deciding how I can fit 31's on my 2001 explorer sport with no rubbing and no cutting. I thought of using rear shackles, a torsion twist and a 3" Ranger body lift, but i was nervous there would be problems. Has Matt Lalonde run into any problems with his sport? Will the new Trailmaster 4" lift fit mine? Thanks for any and all help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With a TT/Shackle lift you should fit 31's just fine.

uh, you would want to run a helluva lot more than 31's more like 33's+. what size are on the now? and then once you figure than out add say 4"-5" on to that and voila. :chug:

I must agree with tarheel, XplorerSport... I would be surprised if you aren't already running 30" tires... I know my ST has stock 255 70 16's and they are equiv to roughly 30.4 inches in overall diameter... you should be fine with the TT and Shackles :)

From what I hear, TT/shackles and slight fender trimming should do ya just fine and with the 3" lift you are looking at more than 33's

On a '01 Sport you will be able to run 31s with just an add-a-leaf or warrior shackles in the back and a turn or two on the tortion bars for the front.
Put the 3" body lift on or the 4" Trailmaster and you can run 33s.
Put both the 3" body lift with the 4" Trailmaster and the warrior shackles in the back with the tortion bars crancked a little and you could fit 35s... these are all using a 15" rim. I don't know about a 16" one. You are lucky, because the fender flares on your Sport help alot when it comes to fitting tires.

nice

I have heard that doing a TT creates problems, so neither matt or kris has run into problems with this method? Thanks for the help everyone and pics will come soon

Back