• Register Today It's free!

need help with suspension

chrisw2012

Reaction score
City, State
tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sports trac
okay so its not for my sport trac but my brother in law already has about 2 in of lift on his 01 dodge Dakota and is wanting another 3 in. suspension to add to it. well the problem not a regular company makes one that we have found ( regular company being lift rough country and trailmaster etc.) but anyway I weny on google and found 2 different type of 3 in suspension lift for his truck but each one has different parts. what im needing help on is the difference on each one and what it will do to his truck differently I cant get the link to go in blue on this so ill post the item number so you can copy and paste it in the ain ebay search bar. all help will be appriciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok so the first number/ kit you posted has the lift torsion keys, lift blocks and longer u bolts for the leafsprings. The second kit adds new shocks for little more. Not a bad price for either.

I'm not a huge fan of lift blocks myself but they do the job their intended for, just a rough ride. Might have more useful info from a Dakota forum, they would know more about what works better for that truck and where to find the best deals. jmo.

so your saying lift blocks so if you put that kit on there could you still put a 3 in body kit or are they the same thing

The lift blocks are for the rear leafsprings. A bodylift lift the body up higher from the frame.

Get that MoPar junk outta here, we are trying to run a respectable forum. Next time it will be Chevy guys looking to worm their way in...sheeze. ;-p

Back