• Register Today It's free!

need help with tranny install

zul8ter

Reaction score
City, State
huntsville, alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
explorer 03
03 explorer, auto 6cyl. I have already put in the new trans. After we buttoned it all up and tried to start it it would not do anything. Lights come on, and do not dim. It was 2am by the time we got to this point. So we gave up to start fresh later today. When we turn the key there is nothing. Any suggestions we be greatly appreciated, as I am ready to burn it to the ground. 80,000 miles and putting in the second transmission.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The transmission range sensor okay? In other words, if the vehicle doesnt sense that its in Park or Neutral, it wont crank. Or maybe your battery is just dead.

No the battery is fine. As far as the transmission range sensor, it was fine before we changed the tranny so i dont think it would be the problem. Where is that sensor located.

The TRS is on the side of the transmission attached to the shift lever.

Yeah Im sure that is where my trouble is. I might have pinched the harness or something when installing the tranny. When i get off work im heading back over and am confident I'll figure it out. I just wanted to get suggestions on what it could be before i got over there. It has to be somewhere in that circuit. Thanks for the help, ill update tomorrow, hopefully with good news.

Back