Need Help With Underbody Neon Kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Help With Underbody Neon Kit

gordonma

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ok, so I bolted all the lights on and instead of using the Multi Block outlet they gave to plug all four neons in and then run to the battery, I soldered the 4 negatives to the ground and 4 positives straight to the switch to the battery... bypassing that multi block outlet. Now... I am wondering if that multi outlet is a transformer or just a junction to route all the lines and make it cleaner... and if the lights are going to blow out with 12 volts going directly to them... they are working fine now.. but I am really not sure if it will last. I opened up the multi block thing and it looked like a circuit board in there... which leads me to believe that it is, in fact a transformer and that it probably sanctions the ammount of volts going to the lights... Can anyone help em? has anyone installed these without the milti block outlet street glow provides? Let me know guys.... thanks

-Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it a blueline series kit or a Gold Series Kit?

If it is a gold series then yes, it is a transformer.

Yes it is a transformer and you will probably blow the tubes out if you give each of them a full 12V.

i talked to street glow and apparently all it is a distribution block... kind of like a junction to connec t all the wires... but it isnt a transformer. Thanks for the help tho guys.

Do you have a blue line or gold line series?

Back