Need help with wheels | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with wheels

Thinking about buying these wheels for when i get my 33/12.50/15s.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939031&pf_rd_i=507846

they are 15x8, 3.75 backspacing, -19 offset, 114.3 PCD. Is 114.3 correct? will it fit my hub like it should? Also, with the 33/12.50s will the backspacing and offset be good? nice wide stance? what would you recommend? A little off topic here, but would i be ok driving in OD with 33s and 4.10 gears and auto tranny?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Buy these Cragar Soft 8's, their cheaper and look better IMO. I bought these (15x8 with 4"b.s. from Summit Racing for $47 each. I bought the GoodYear DuraTrac's 33x12.50x15 from a local Goodyear dealer for $146 each. Can't beat these prices anywhere.

picture.php

picture.php

They do look nice, Awesome truck! Would a 3.75 backspacing be ok on them? i want them to stick out a little more. Would the center bore be the same on your sport track as my ex?

Actually nevermind haha. About to order them, would like to know if the backspacking and offset will be ok on my ex. will the 33s rub? (besides maybe my bumper, etc. ill take care of that). and if the center bore will fit correcly?

Yep, they'll work. What kinda lift do you have on your Ex? to fit the 33's???

Thanks a lot for the quick reply's! I have TT and shackles at the moment, waiting for 3" body lift in the mail. Hoping i wont have to do too much trimming haha.

Ok, i ordered the crager soft 8's. It says the center bore is 3.300 in. and i think that is 83.82mm. Isn't the stock center bore 70.5 mm? i cannot find any hubcentric rings to fit?

Anybody? cancelled the order... i dont think they'll fit correctly.. and want a 3.75 backspacing.

bumpp?

Just get the size I suggested, that 1/4" isn't gonna make a significant difference with the wheels sticking out more. What were you talking about with the hub centric rings, if you're talking about the slide on spacers (Stay Clear of using those) use the bolt on wheels spacers if anything.

Ok thanks for the help, i did re-order them. hubcentric rings go in between the hub and the wheel to fill the gap. i would never use wheel spacers anyways, heard to much bad about them.

Back