Need ideas on a quick release for my amp... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need ideas on a quick release for my amp...

spotdog14

Reaction score
City, State
East Lansing, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
Hello everyone, I have finally decided to put my subs back in my vehicle. They were originally in my Ranger, so its a smallish box with 2 JL Audio 10w3's and an Alpline amp (its been so long I don't remember what its stats are). Anyways eventually I am going to replace the stock sub in my Explorer with some type of stealth box, or make my own, but in the mean time I want to hook up my existing box, but I use the cargo area a lot so I need some type of quick release for the connections to the amp so that when need be I can take the subs out.

I am thinking about securing the box with the cargo net in the back and having the wires come up from between the seats in the back, but what type of quick release connection would you recommend for the power and control wire and what not?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$4.39
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062132

pRS1C-2160039w345.jpg

I'm using these for the Chevy seats I'm putting in my Ford van.

^^^ Those connectors are one our power jacks at work. Those work great.

or you can mount your amp to the back of your rear seat or under it(give it plenty of room to breathe) and just use quick disconnects for the speakers that way you don't take a change of something going inside of one of those power disconnects and shorting anything out. That is how I did mine. I put it on the back of the seat and just use quick pulls for my speakers

Back