Need More Power/torque! Please Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need More Power/torque! Please Help!

:D Just Wanted To Say Hello To All My Fellow Ford Family! I Love This Site,and Im Always On Here! I own a 2000 Explorer Sport with the 4.0L OHV. Im looking to do any performance mods for horsepower and torque I can get! Is there any ideas you guys can help me with? pics would be greatly apreciated! just any free/easy do it yourself mods. Thank you! Or any other threads you could guide me to. I have some things done already,but im looking for the most possible I can do!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site.

However when you post in all caps, it is as if you are yelling. Please edit your post. Thanks.

Now to your question-

I would start with an intake setup, cat back exhaust and custom tune. Opinions vary on all of those, so read threads and see what others think about different brands- its good for a few hours of searching and reading.

lol,sorry about the caps. i did not know it showed any different.i do have a intake cone filter which is going to change to a k&n or a mac one of the real cold air intakes. i got both cats removed with just a turbo 2 muffler and 2 1/2" pipe.i also is going to get a jet chip in the near future. thanks for the quik help!

Jet chip

apparently Jet does not have a very good quality background, go with one from bama chips, xcalibrator, thats what i plan on doing and many have done. It is the best tune for the Explorers

ok,i read up on the bama chips. they sound like they would be a good one to use. i dont know if i can get a xcalibrator chip for my truck or not.thanks for the input!

Need More Power!

Just Wanted To Say Hello To All My Fellow Ford Family! I Love This Site,and Im Always On Here! I OWN A 2000 EXPLORER SPORT WITH THE 4.0L OHV. IM LOOKING TO DO ANY PERFORMANCE MODS FOR HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE I CAN GET! IS THERE ANY IDEAS YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME WITH? PICS WOULD BE GREATLY APRECIATED! JUST ANY FREE/EASY DO IT YOURSELF MODS. THANK YOU! OR ANY OTHER THREADS YOU COULD GUIDE ME TO. I HAVE SOME THINGS DONE ALREADY,BUT IM LOOKING FOR THE MOST POSSIBLE I CAN DO!

Try searching 422 or 410 cam, MAF, BBK TB, TPS mod, headers, Bama, pulleys, try brousing at online stores like summit, jcw, ect. Just now when I went to the modified 2nd gen page there were 2 post on the 1st page about power, one on an intake manifold, the other on stroking the motor. Spend a while reading posts, it will give you hours of enjoyment.

Need More Power!

Ok,sorry About The Same Thread Posted. I Guess I Went A Little Overboard! Im Just Trying To Get As Much Help/info I Can. And Thank You To The Ones That Helped And Told Me Where To Go And What To Look For!;)

Ok,sorry About The Same Thread Posted. I Guess I Went A Little Overboard! Im Just Trying To Get As Much Help/info I Can. And Thank You To The Ones That Helped And Told Me Where To Go And What To Look For!;)

Contact me! I can help.-James:D

Need More Power!

Hello James! What Help Can You Give Me? I Really Apreciate It!

Hunt Eric and his V8 in Sport thread, there's a real good answer. Good luck,

:D Just Wanted To Say Hello To All My Fellow Ford Family! I Love This Site,and Im Always On Here! I own a 2000 Explorer Sport with the 4.0L OHV. Im looking to do any performance mods for horsepower and torque I can get! Is there any ideas you guys can help me with? pics would be greatly apreciated! just any free/easy do it yourself mods. Thank you! Or any other threads you could guide me to. I have some things done already,but im looking for the most possible I can do!

Jesus man do a search.. Too many lazy noobs that don't want to take a little time to look up the plethora of information that is already in here regarding the questions just asked and much much more. :rolleyes:

Back