Need new tires, just bought Interceptor wheel set | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need new tires, just bought Interceptor wheel set

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
Hi all, I need new tires and I was looking for recommendations. All the 18 inch tires seem to be at around 180 dollars plus per tire.

However, I ran into a set of Ford Interceptor wheels rim and tire for 600 + 200 for shipping. Is it a good deal? The tread is about 70% left but it doesn't come with lugnuts or center caps.

It does however come with the stock tire stem. I was wondering if I would be able to link the tire pressure monitoring system myself or do I have to go to the dealer?

Also, coming from 2011 - 2015 Explorer 18 inch XLT rims, will I have to get the speedometer and mileage calibrated?

As for my stock rims, I'm probably going to slap on a bigger tire for the winter on those things. Any recommendations?

IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1967.JPG

IMG_1968.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

There are a few threads on aftermarket tires. Here is one of them; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/time-for-tires.389596/
You don't state the tire size of these except that I'm guessing they are 18". If you are replacing the XLT 18" wheels with Interceptor 18" wheels then there likely won't be much of a difference Have you confirmed they actually have the TPMS installed in them? If they do, the dealer can set them up or, as some members have posted, you can just drive with them and they should link themselves. As for Winter tires, narrower is better.

Peter

Back