need pinout for grey transmission connecor 96 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need pinout for grey transmission connecor 96 explorer

PhantomFord

Reaction score
City, State
Petaluma, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer Limited
i need the pinout for the grey transmission connector. having to redo some off my older wiring from my manual swap. i did search, quite a lot before breaking down and making a request post.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The connector at top of the transmission spine from engine harness to transmission harness?
Is it round grey 8 pin?

The connector at top of the transmission spine from engine harness to transmission harness?
Is it round grey 8 pin?
its the square one that has the 02 and speed sensor harnesses along with what origionally went to the auto and the gear selector sensor.

I have a 98 and a 2000 wiring book in front of me, they do not have the same plug

Closest I can find online with a google search is this:

1999-ford-explorer-wiring-diagram-pdf-2004-transmission-2002-pcm-attachment-1-d-to-728x540.jpg

and this (5r55e should be basically the same as your 4r55e)
2012-03-12_171845_ranger_valve_body_wiring.gif

This is the harness I’m talking about. I basically need to know which pins to wire up reverse lights. I already have the neutral ones jumped.

758C0927-FE27-4671-996A-345ECBCD256E.jpeg

reverse lights are black with pink on fords, single wire powers the bulbs when you put shifter into R

Found this:
index.php

index.php

index.php

Right here:

Reverse Light Wire

I found that info by searching this forum for "4r55e reverse light wire" of all things...sheesh searching for "4r55e wiring diagrams" I came up short

Back