Need Running Boards for 2008 Sport Trac Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Running Boards for 2008 Sport Trac Limited

stacyj

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sport Trac Limited 4x4
besides paying $1,000 each for Ford OEM running board, any suggestions for how to find a trusted source for replacement running boards? My running boards are the chrome versions (Ford original equipment) and the chrome has been peeling off.

I thought I could peel the rest of the chrome off and paint it, but the material that the chrome is adhered to is not metal, (some kind of ceramic???) porous, and is deteriorating also.

If you don't need chrome, you could go to the wrecker and get a set of an XLT. they were all black/dark gray. They do take krylon black paint very well. Did mine 2 winters ago, and there are very few rock chips, and I do travel a lot of gravel.

Thanks, and I do not want chrome as I would be afraid the chrome would peel off again. I will search for the XLT version.

Thanks, and I do not want chrome as I would be afraid the chrome would peel off again. I will search for the XLT version.

Hello, I have a 2010 XLT Sport Trac which we are removing the running boards this weekend. Are you interested in purchasing? Please reply or email me at rtbehm@aol.com

Their coming off a 2010 XLT Sport Trac, with 52,000 miles. Prior owner was a 77 yr old women who passed away and this vehicle is a 10 out of 10. Running boards are in perfect shape. Please advise

Back