Need seats

cmhaah06

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
CLOVIS, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
I got in my ex the other day and was adjusting my seating position in my seat. As soon as I put pressure on the upright seat position (seat back) it gave way. Clack, clack, clack, clack! Now the seat won't adjust to any position other than laying back. The wife says I can get some junkyard seats to replace the stock seats. Anyone use anything other than stock replacement seats? Say like a bucket style seat from a sports car? I'm looking for something that will bolt into the stock tracks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Subscribing...same boat. Junk yard pickings slim here for EX's.

You could just replace the mechanism. It's removable from one side without much more work than unbolting the seat, and on some models you don't even have to do that. The recline mechanism is somewhat universal from 1st to second gen.

I have leather seats from a second gen in my '93, they bolted in and are much more comfortable than first gen seats in my opinion. I think they came from a '99 if I remember right. Cost me $250 for both front buckets and rear seats also.

Good suggestion Arco, but my seat is thrashed as much as the failed mechanics of the recline and slide.

That seems like a good deal to me Hosse, for more than 2 seats no less.

They are 30 bucks a peice here and this happened to my moms not the electic one but the guy that drove it would slam it back and ended up snapping the bolt that holts the upright to the adjustment lever so it was unfixable just got se seat and thats all

Back