• Register Today It's free!

Need some advise in cold Russia

dpolyakov

Reaction score
City, State
Russia
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
It is probably not that cheap to service Explorer in the US so no doubt it is cheap in Russia. I thought it could save me $$$ if I order some parts directly from the US but have a problem to find the right parts. Here is the deal - I own Explorer 95 XLT (4x4, manual transmission, 156 HP, 105k miles) and would like to change push rods and rocker arms because of the noise (especially when the engine is cold) under the hood. I found at expressparts.com different push rods for ohv, regular, 5,45 and 5,42 - which one should I get to make sure that it fits my engine?

Also, I have a catalogue number from the service that I use in Moscow for both parts but could not find any at any web source. I have S0TZ6564A for rockers and 05Z6565A for pushers - are they a correct numbers and I am too stupid to find the right parts in the catalogues or are these numbers either wrong or used by Ford only internally?

Would you please reccomend which parts should I obtain and give me a link to the right web source.

Your help is appreciated very much. Have a good Christmas holidays. Dennis

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First, welcome to the Explorerforum. There are definately some people here that can help you with the part number issue, and it may indeed be your best hope to order direct from the US for parts. Shipping would likely be better than purchasing locally unless you have large tarriffs on inbound shipping.

I did a search of Napa parts (a large parts distributor that has an online store as well) and found these for you. There are separate part numbers for the intake and exhaust pushrods and likewise for the rocker arms, which may be why you are finding two different part numbers in your search.

You should be able to order direct from Napa via their web site.

www.napaonline.com

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/n...r=23500040&prmenbr=5806&usrcommgrpid=91755966

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/n...r=23500041&prmenbr=5806&usrcommgrpid=91755986

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/n...r=23500031&prmenbr=5806&usrcommgrpid=91755269

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/n...r=23500032&prmenbr=5806&usrcommgrpid=91755373

Hope this helps you to track down your parts.

Thanks, guys. Napaonline offers Clevite's parts and I had their catalogue numbers from my service (they just did not spell to me in English the correct name of Clevite so I was not able to find it!!!). I am sure now that I need intake pushers and rockers. What about the difference between Ford original parts and Clevite? FYI Clevite push rod is $0,99 while in Moscow I have to pay $8 minimum. Rockers price in Moscow is also higher but not that much. Shipping from the US will be free - as we say: "Do not have 100 dollars but have 100 friends".

Thanks, guys. Napaonline offers Clevite's parts and I had their catalogue numbers from my service (they just did not spell to me in English the correct name of Clevite so I was not able to find it!!!). I am sure now that I need intake pushers and rockers. What about the difference between Ford original parts and Clevite? FYI Clevite push rod is $0,99 while in Moscow I have to pay $8 minimum. Rockers price in Moscow is also higher but not that much. Shipping from the US will be free - as we say: "Do not have 100 dollars but have 100 friends". Mr. Putin friendship with Mr. Bush - forever!

dpolyakov said:
One more question - what would you think about simply buying the refresh kit from here: www.4.0performance.com/valvetrain.html.

Those hardened parts will last you longer than factory replacements if you dont mind paying extra money. This might be a better way to go if you decide to keep your explorer for a long time.

I don't sell these anymore but I used to get them from www.DeltaCam.com, Jerry there was always a excellent person to deal with. Their rockers are great quality and come with hardened tips and pushrod cups that don't wear out like the factory ones and they come with brand new pushrods.

Check them out!

Doug.

Guys - thanks so much for all your advises. I already send a quote to Jerry at deltacam.com and is awaiting for respond. This forum looks very useful - I will be back probably soon since my Mazda manual transmission is about to die (have to say that it is about to die for last 75k miles and is still alive!). All the best to everyone.

Back