need some help from the 4.0 experts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need some help from the 4.0 experts

janderson4010

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
third boxcar, midnight train
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 BII
hey guys ive been a member for a while here but I lurk around on the BII forum, cause thats what i drive. i recentley started a 4.0 swap on my BII and ive run into a snag.

I have all the wiring connected and everything, but I don't have any power to the FP relay, I have 12v on the pin in the EEC relay closest to the fuses, and i believe it does click on when i turn my key to the on position and the engine will fire momentarily but dies immediately. there is a plug that runs into the power distro box with one wire (pink/white stripe) and a matching female end that has 2 wires one is solid black, the other is black w a white stripe. however I assumed that they were grounds bk they are black and I also have a male end for that plug that goes directly to the neg terminal on my battery.

If i plug the pink/white one in i have 6v at the fp relay on one pin and more pins have power in the EEC relay, but I don't have spark. unfortunately i don't have the pink/white wire on the diagram i got from the autozone website. So i can't fig out wth is going on, i did run a wire from the battery to the inertia switch for the fuel pump to verify the fp works and it does. any input would be greatly appreciated bk Ive been stuck on this one for 3 Days and id really love to have it running. the title on the x says its a 93 but its got the battery and stuff on the pass side like a 92

so I nominate me for #1 dummy on EF, i had the power distribution box power wire hooked to the wrong side of the starter solenoid, the second i touched it to the power side of the solenoid i heard the FP run, thanks

Back