Need some help on this project.....please. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need some help on this project.....please.

I'm trying to find some concrete info on whether or not 2nd gen f150 lightning wheels with fit on my 01 ranger. This is a very serious project, so if anyone knows, knows somebody who knows, thinks they know, thinks they know somebody who thinks they know, or just plain doesn't know and wants to put their 2 cents in........PLEASE HELP! Here's MY 2 cents: I "THINK" they would fit.......BUT, I KNOW that the stud size on the lightning is way bigger than the studs on the ranger. This project is called "MINI-LIGHTNING". I'm talking my 01 Ranger standard cab and.......well let's just say, making a few mods.;) Anyways I need some help on finding out whether the wheels will fit. I'm ok with spacers, and if anyone knows a company that remans these wheels, PLEASE pass on that info. Well gotta go, more details to come. Any help, or 2 cents will be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks again, and I'll type to ya later.:salute:

Nope

the fullsize wheels on the F!%) are a 5 on 5 1/2 spacing and yes the studs are larger also. The rims for your ranger are the same bolt pattern and back spacing as all the mustangs, the rims from a mustang, Sport trac or explorer will interchange and the 31X10.50/15 and a 265/70r17 tire and rim are the same basic overall height. The 245/70/16 in the original size of a newer explorer. The Full size truck rims could be used with a universal spacer/adapter. i believe Summitt and Jegs carry them.. hope this helped

Back