need some help please | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

need some help please

VirginiaMudder

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 ford explorer
I have a 91 explorer with a 2 inch bidy lift on 36 inch superswampers with a lot of motor work and other off road things done to it. It is also my daily driver. I have started hearing a slight clanging or clicking.noise in the front end at first I thought.It may be the transmission. But listening closer it completely goes away when I hit the brakes, sounds like its on the passenger side as well. Any ideas of what it could be.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

arco777

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer 2dr 4x4
Are your ball joints tight in the camber eccentrics?

<

Flip4ford

Reaction score
City, State
Newton, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' Sport
With 36 inch tires when is the last time you checked your wheel bearings- and hub assemblies? That is allot of weight on a ttb. (are you running spacers too?) it also could be the axle u joints too.

<

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
36" meats with 2" body lift?. :scratch:

We need to know more about the front axle / suspension set up to help you better. Could be a hub, brake caliper, U-joints, ball joints, etc...

Did you just buy it as it sits, or build it yourself? Pictures help a ton if your not sure what all has been modified on it.

<

Koga

Reaction score
City, State
Elma Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer e.b. 4.0 efi
Im getting the same thing with 33's with mine its a combination of dirty hubs and bad bearings but my u joints are really rusty probably will do those when I do the bearings. Imo check your bearings first and maybe grease your zerk fittings

<

FR-425

Used to be a road here.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Limited
Anti rattle clips?

The inner pad has a clip on the bottom; if it's missing, click, clank, clunk, click, clank clunk. Chose your adjective.

<