• Register Today It's free!

Need some help

TwoX

Reaction score
City, State
virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 sport trac xlt
Im looking to lift up my sport trac to 33 inch tires, but im debating on if i should change my gears from 3.73's. Im going to put a locker in it. and i need to find a good dvd player for the truck that will take up the whole double din, and If someone could help me with some subs for behind the seat that would be great. The last thing i need help with is do they make a body kit for the sport tracs? i saw the adrenaline and i like the kit they have on it and i want to have a sport trac that kinda looks like that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

and can the 04 sport tracs fit 15 inch rims, and what is a good cam for the truck?

and can the 04 sport tracs fit 15 inch rims, and what is a good cam for the truck?
I like Canon. :D

Test fit the 15's if you can. You never know if they will fit on the front.

You will probably always be happier with a higher gear ratio.

I had 32's on my old '05 with 3.73 gears and it was a dog. If you're going to pay the money to regear, might as well get 4.56's.
Most 15'' rims will fit.
I am not aware of any aftermarket cams for the 4.0 SOHC.

The older Sport Tracs came with 15" rims. So the stock 15" rims should fit. As a matter of fact I had my 15" rims on my friends 04 doin burn outs so yeah they should fit. The DD is cool man. I agree with Johnny O about the gears. For a locker man check out Aussie Locker www.aussielocker.com They are cheaper built well and less noisy then any others. You want the locker for the Explorer 2001-2005 8.8 diff. cover for $259.00. Yes they make a body lift for the Sport Trac. It is cheaper to get a performance accessories body lift from suspension connection, performance lifts, and other sites than it is to get it directly from the pa website. Don't know why but that is what I have found...As far as subs, I make the sub boxes for behind the rear seat on another site. Check out my link below for pics and prices. We can work on the pricing just let me know if I can help out.

Paul

is the aussie locker better then a detriot locker and this wheel get me to pull posi all the time right instead of the one wheel that spins? and the boxes look great, what subs would u recommend to put in them?

http://www.dickcepek.com/images/DC1_BlackLg.jpg here are the rims im going to go with

and a Pro Comp Radial All Terrain 33X 12.50

Can you put the lockers in the front and rear on the sport trac?

and does anyone know if there is a adapter or is it possible to go from 5 lug to six lug?

is the aussie locker better then a detriot locker and this wheel get me to pull posi all the time right instead of the one wheel that spins?

The aussie locker (i'm actually ordering one on thursday) will go into full lock under load, ie acell(sp). when turning the locker will "unlock" and will allow one tire to spin faster than the other. This cuts down on tire squeal/wear/hopping around corners. Although it "unlocks", it will still click around corners.

Can you put the lockers in the front and rear on the sport trac?

Sure can

and does anyone know if there is a adapter or is it possible to go from 5 lug to six lug?

There are MANY wheel options for the 5x114.3. Sure you cant find one that you like? :D

well see i had a toyota 4-runner at one point and i still have the rims i had for it and i figured if i could just find a adapter it would help me out. so the locker wont keep both wheels locked if i slammed on the gas it would still just let that one wheel spin? i kinda wanted it to pull posi so both wheels would spin.

sorry i just read where you said it unlocks around corners so i just answered my question i think

Back