Need some info any help would be great | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need some info any help would be great

Karri Nelson

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 mustang
Hi new here so ill just get to the point. Planning a winter project, want to put a 97 mustang body on a 95 -00 ish explorer anybody here ever done it? can it be done for a small budget?What am I getting myself into. tip or pointers would be appreciated thanks

Sounds like a lot of work I don't think it would fit without a lot a Fab work. May I ask why? I've seen lifted mud "cars" on my area with huge tires for mud bog stuff it seems it would be easier to work with what you have. Instead of working with an explorer chassis and then trying to fit a mustang body on top of it. I've never seen this done so I really can't comment but so much.

It'd be best to do on a sport chassis as the wheelbase would be closer. This means you're stuck with a V6 unless you swap that as well. Expect a lot of electrical work.

Depends on what you consider a small budget, and what your fabrication skills are. I wouldn't do this without a good solid running complete Explorer. I wouldn't bother with the V6.

Back