Need some info on the 2006 Explorer | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Need some info on the 2006 Explorer

jmy2469

Reaction score
City, State
Edison,NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer
I am the new guy here. I live in Central NJ. I currently drive a 2003 Nissan 350Z,that is for sale.I need to buy something that is going to be better for me as a year round daily driver. I love the new 2006 Explorers.I just have a few questions. On the Eddie Bauer,if you order the Eddie Bauer Luxury package,does that include Navigation? I had Navigation in my Acura and definately miss having it. I am interested in either an Eddie Bauer or a Limited.I want Navigation and I aslo would like the 290 watt Audiophile system. Is it possible to just get these options and nothing else? Do all the 2006 Explorers have the 3rd row seating or is that an option? I would not need that.Trying to get thing straight before I go into the dealer.Thanks for the info.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
Welcome aboard. The dealer will actually be able to tell you more.

-Drew

<

06EddieNav

Reaction score
City, State
new jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Eddie Bauer V8 Navi
i live in Central Jersey too. the navigation system is an option on the Eddie Bauer and Limited models only. 3rd row is optional on both. I have the navigation and it is awesome.

<

jmy2469

Reaction score
City, State
Edison,NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer
Cool.Thanks for the info.I actually found an 06 Eddie Bauer with Navigation and Camel two tone interior.Just what I was looking for.Now I have to seel my 350Z quick. I want to get this truck.Thanks again.

<

FStephenMasek

Reaction score
City, State
Mission Viejo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Eddie Bauer V8 RWD
The 3rd row seat is optional. You might try Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book to determine the configuration you want. Don't be afraid to order a vehicle if you do not find what you want, and don't pay much more, if any ,more than the "invoice" price, minus any rebates or other incentives from Ford. The dealer is still making plenty of money, because holdbacks and so forth make his effective price well below the invoice price.

<

X DEACON

Reaction score
City, State
Union ,New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 EXPLORER XLT
The Eddie B., Limited and XLT all come with many options. You can basically tell the dealer what options you are looking for and let him take it form there.

<