need some info..

biggs92EB

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Biggs, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Special Eddie
I searched, im just not good at it or something, i know theres a ton of info, just cant find exactly what i need. Im in the market to take my 2" lift off and replace with a 5.5 or 6 inch lift. What i need is a good vendor to buy one from, I dont care Superlift/Skyjacker/rough country. I appreciate any help. Im frustrated, cant even find one on ebay. thanks again guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure about vendors themselves, but doing an SOA in the rear would cut out the need for AAL's or longer shackles or anything... it should lift the rear about 5.5"...

Also, I wouldn't recommend going any higher than 5.5"... IIRC, 6" is the max lift you can get without drivetrain/steering modifications. Any higher than that and you'll be replacing driveshafts and whatnot.

Other than that... no clue about vendors. Take a look around and just find a kit for the front end. That way you only need to get rear shocks/brakelines and you're ready to go.

HTH...

Fil

i currently have warrior shackles/aal and 2 inch coils/2 inch spacer w/ 2 inch PA body lift, i want to take all that off and go with a 5.5 superlift (or anything comparible). just cant find anyone who sells them I intend on SOA

Hmmm... actually, would you be getting rid of the kit, and how much would you want for that kit? I want a lift, but everything North of the border costs way too much... $130 for the shackles themselves...

There's a local shop up here that sells the 5.5" Superlift... they told me $1500 for the entire kit, but I think that's without the shocks... also, that's in Canadian funds, so it should only be like $1200 or so for you... Then again, that's a local shop, and I don't know any Cali shops...

Edit: Forgot to ask... you said you have the shackles, AAL, 2" lift coils, and spacers? How much lift do you have? I figured that would put you at about 3-4" of lift, not 2" like you said...

the total lift i got out of all of that is about 3.5 inches. When i get the kit i want and install it i'll be gettin rid of what i have on it now, havnt thought about price. I just lifted it the cheapest way i could. I am happy with it, but not happy enough, i want 35" tires/bla bla bla. Ive searched and searched and just cant find a reputable vendor for a lift. thanks for your time....dont really wanna buy out of the states As for me selling what ive got, send me a PM so i remember who you are and i'll make you a deal. I work for UPS so shipping from me is VERY cheap

just found this...
http://store.4wheelingplus.com/proddetail.asp?prod=440H&cat=63

but still cant find anything bigger

Looks good, although you'd need to keep your body lift if you want to go with that...

Actually, are you keeping your body lift anyways, or do you want to go with a purely suspension lift? You'd probably be able to fit some pretty massive tires if you got a 5.5" suspension lift with a 2" BL...

the body lift stays, that thing was to much of a pita to install. im not going solid axle yet so 35's is all my drivetrain is gonna handle

I gotta ask.....
This is EXACTLY the way I was thinking of lifting. How did you get it aligned? did you have any problems? Did you use drop brackets?

Anything over 2" and you need drop brackets/longer brake lines... also, regardless of lift, you have to get it aligned, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue... I think you can do it yourself with camber shims, but a shop would likely do a far more precise job than trying it on your own...

I gotta ask.....
This is EXACTLY the way I was thinking of lifting. How did you get it aligned? did you have any problems? Did you use drop brackets?

I brought it to Les Schwab, they had the camber bushings in stock, it was less then 100$ for an alignment, cheap, easy, and effective. Yes i have 2 inch drop brackets.

Back