Need some insight (supercharger related) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need some insight (supercharger related)

I'm planning for a supercharger this spring and will be building up my engine appropriately for the upgrade. I have a 00' 5.0 AWD

I was wondering if anyone had the part numbers for the Aeromotive fuel rails and fuel pressure regulators that fit the 00' 5.0 explorers? I had planned on making many parts in the engine bay red and chrome anyway so the aeromotive color scheme fits perfectly with what I had planned.

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm planning for a supercharger this spring and will be building up my engine appropriately for the upgrade. I have a 00' 5.0 AWD

I was wondering if anyone had the part numbers for the Aeromotive fuel rails and fuel pressure regulators that fit the 00' 5.0 explorers? I had planned on making many parts in the engine bay red and chrome anyway so the aeromotive color scheme fits perfectly with what I had planned.

Thanks in advance

You dont need a fuel pressure regulator because your truck has a returnless fuel system. The regulator is in your fuel tank.

scratch 1 item off the list of things to get.
Thanks for the heads up

Mike, how much power do you plan on shooting for?

I'm shooting for maybe 350-400HP but decided to go with the STS remote turbo we spoke about some time ago. I sent you an email outlining my plans for my engine as well as my questions. I figured out yesterday with the help of some forum members that supercharging my engine isn't going to be the best way to achieve my goal

Mike

I'm shooting for maybe 350-400HP but decided to go with the STS remote turbo we spoke about some time ago. I sent you an email outlining my plans for my engine as well as my questions. I figured out yesterday with the help of some forum members that supercharging my engine isn't going to be the best way to achieve my goal

Mike

You will easily hit 400 rwhp with the turbo.

that's good to know. I think I definitely planned the proper upgrades for the motor to withstand 400WHP without it taking too much of a beating. I don't think I'd want more than say 450HP tops in my explorer. Any more than that and I think it would put a strain on some components and I'll be replacing things more regularly than I'd like to. So if I can stay in the neighborhood of 400-450 top I'm happy. Especially with me sticking to the AWD I don't want to be eating up transmissions and driveline components.

I'm looking forward to the spring this year! Finally going to get my turbo and have it installed before summer :D

I'll keep an eye on your project also. If I thought that I could fit a turbo before my mufflers in the center of the truck, that might be easier than my first plan. Good luck,

its funny you mention the exhaust location because I removed my spare tire and plan on running my exhaust with twin tips out the center of the back of the truck. I see all SUVs with exhaust tips that either are bent to exit out the rear but off to the side, or dual exhaust setups that are on each side in the rear. Nobody has one that exits from the center of the truck just below the bumper step. So I'm going for something a little more original. I already have a MAC catback setup on the truck so I'd just be getting the piping done over. My best bet is to probably have it done when the turbo goes up under there to ensure there is a place for everything instead of having welding done under there twice

You can't have the exhaust exit at the center, just below the bumper - that is where the receive hitch is. I mean these are trucks we a playing around with after all - needto be functional!

Now, find me a converter that can handle high torque engine and pull a trailer...

Good luck with the project. You likely will want to run a return fuel line to the tank, replace the intake pump with a larger unit, and install an external regulator to control fuel pressure. You will need that at the 400HP range.

You can't have the exhaust exit at the center, just below the bumper - that is where the receive hitch is. I mean these are trucks we a playing around with after all - needto be functional!

Now, find me a converter that can handle high torque engine and pull a trailer...

Good luck with the project. You likely will want to run a return fuel line to the tank, replace the intake pump with a larger unit, and install an external regulator to control fuel pressure. You will need that at the 400HP range.

Good to hear from you Todd:thumbsup:

My returnless system works fine at these power levels with a GSS342 pump and 39lb injectors.

Go with a metal substrate converter, it will handle everything you throw at it. As far as an external regulator, not needed at this hp level. Run a good Holley forced induction 255lph pump and call it a day. You won't be dissapointed. -J

I already have a Walbro 255lph unit for the truck. (not installed yet)

I planned on replacing the fuel sending unit with a new one (my fuel gauge and the message center are not synched anymore), new fuel filter, the fuel pump I mentioned and the 39# injectors Justin suggested to me a little while ago in conversation.

I figured that would handle my fuel supply needs for the HP range I'm looking to get into

Back