Need some opinions on a grill/bumper combo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need some opinions on a grill/bumper combo

metalhed

Reaction score
City, State
lewisville, tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bauer
I was thinking about getting a billet grill for my 1st gen, and painting it white to match the body color. Stock grill and headlight trim are already white, and I love the look, but I've never seen it done with a billet grill before.

I'm wanting to pair this with an EE front bumper cover (white too, of course), and I want a subtle yet custom street look. Something that will be worthy of a second glance, without that second glance being one of distaste.

I know it's hard to picture without.. Well, a picture. But I don't have any of my truck, and I don't have access to a camera.

So based solely on visual imagery alone, what are your opinions on this.. Would it just look too corny to paint a billet grill white? Or do you think it might actually work in conjuction with the bumper cover?

ya know, i was thinking about painting my headlight doors body color and doing the same with a billet grill because i have 0 chrome on the truck, and since mine is teal, it might look ok. but, on a white vehicle, nothing looks better than clear corners with a polished billet grill. i say get the grill but dont paint it, bt go for the EE cover.

ps, you wont find the grill on e-bay. the last one i saw was 6 mos ago, and guess who the winning bidder was....me too bad it got damaged in shipping but at least i got my $$ back.

this place is prtyy hood...its where i got my altezzas for my 93

i plan on painting my billets in the future- they'll no longer be white, but either way i'm for painting them since it will make you stand out a little more without being too much.

Back