• Register Today It's free!

need some opinions s on amps

exploder619

Reaction score
City, State
santee
Year, Model & Trim Level
93' xlt
Ok so here is my set-up, i have just upgraded subs from jlw2's.

alpine headunit
ipod hook up
4 pioneer 6x8's
bass blockers on door speakers
pioneer 400w 4 channel
sosche 1 farad cap
-----------------------------
i got rid of the old amp and sub so here are my new items.

2 alpine type R's
custom ported box.

now i am looking at one 2 channel big amp. Lmk me know what you think is a good choice. i was thinking of going with the rockford fosgate p80002

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could also do a mono subwoofer amp.

How much do you want to spend?

What up? yo, I know it isn't the biggest name in audio, but cadence car audio out of Jersey is Bangin **** ya'll. Their amps are redik and really handle some business. Subs are tight also, however you are talkign amps here. Check out ultradrive series in some mono, and bro, you will not be sorry. I have an eclipse touch screen navigation and run two cadence mono amps 300 a piece. **** is redik, LATA

You can get a refurbed PPI dcx 1000.1 off of ikesound.com for 189 dollars. It's 1000Wx1@1ohm. From the same site you an get a hifonics bx1505d for 175 dollars. It does 1500Wx1@1ohm. Also check out ebay they have alot of good deals on there. From experience though (i've owned a Hifonics bx1800d) i say that the hifonics are really nice amps. Specially in bang for the buck situations. Say my 1800d only did 1400W when it was rated at 1800, i payed 210 dollars for a 1000W application, that means i still had 400W headroom. It was still cheaper and more reliable than alot of stuff i had looked at.

What up? yo, I know it isn't the biggest name in audio, but cadence car audio out of Jersey is Bangin **** ya'll. Their amps are redik and really handle some business. Subs are tight also, however you are talkign amps here. Check out ultradrive series in some mono, and bro, you will not be sorry. I have an eclipse touch screen navigation and run two cadence mono amps 300 a piece. **** is redik, LATA

**** son, thats gangsta. what set you claimin, loc?

:rolleyes:

but yeah cadence makes ok amps for the money. and what the hell is a redik?

I would look at a Directed Electronics - Mono Amplifier - 2400w This is a class D amp, and you can get one for under 300 and is made by the makers of PPI amps and also orion. I had the 600D hooked up to 2 MTX thunder 6000 12's and it friggin slammed.

1MeanGTA: LOL that was funny as hell.

I think when he said redik...He meant rediculous. Maybe?

the directed would be a good bet if you want to run those r's hard. they really only need about 800-1kw each to do their thing but they'll take a bit over 1kw. i know you used to be able to get refurbished 24-2500 watt directeds, vipers, and orions (all dei, just about the same amps in different cases) from ikesound around 300 but i dont see them there anymore. i'm sure you could still get a good deal on ebay.

might want to look into hifonics, they have pretty economical amps in a wide range of power ratings. one of these would be perfect if those are dual 4's and you wire to 1 ohm.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14111
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14805

dont want to do a 2 channel for subwoofer duty, just get a decent mono amp.

hey dozier, you have any videos of those x..'s, i've never seen a dual sub setup with the new ones. i'll bet those wang. i believe they're shipping the 15's finally, i'm afraid of what those are capable off :eek:

They're not hooked up yet bro. I need about two and a half weeks and I will do it. I am still in Okinawa Japan. I come home on the 22nd of Nov. Then I will build a box and go from there with the videos and such.

The jbl gto series are pretty nice for a good price.

Ok so here is my set-up, i have just upgraded subs from jlw2's.

alpine headunit
ipod hook up
4 pioneer 6x8's
bass blockers on door speakers
pioneer 400w 4 channel
sosche 1 farad cap-----------------------------
i got rid of the old amp and sub so here are my new items.

2 alpine type R's
custom ported box.

now i am looking at one 2 channel big amp. Lmk me know what you think is a good choice. i was thinking of going with the rockford fosgate p80002
I don't understand how yer upgrading and going from a jl to an alpine. that doesn't happen. The alpine will get louder but never sound near as good as the jl. You say yer upgrading from jlw2'sbut what w2's. W1 w3 w6 or w7?

when i bought the jl the guy at tweeter told me it was a w2. The type r's are wired at 2 ohms right now.

so they're dual 2 ohm woofers? that complicates things a bit, you can either wire for .5 ohm or 2 ohms. either way, you need a serious amp if you want to put 1kw on those speakers. my crossfire is rated at 2kw @ 2 ohm and 12v, but actually does more like 2500-2600 @ 2 ohms once you put 14.4 volts on it and damned near to 3kw @ 1 ohm like i run it. not a cheap amp though, i paid 500 for it used.

the incriminator audio 20.1 will do the power you want at .5 ohm and take that load all day without flinching, but you need a serious electrical system to back it up, and again its not cheap, 5-600. actually you'll need electrical upgrades to run that much power daily even at 2 ohms. i've got a 400 dollar alternator, a 200 dollar battery, and all my underhood wiring, battery to frame ground, alternator to frame ground, and alternator to battery positive all in 1/0 gauge. i still get minor voltage drops when i'm slamming hard, i think i need a second yellow top. its a major pain i know, but thats what it takes to run that much power daily.

if you can find a used orion 2500d it'll do around 1800-2kw at 2 ohms and will be closer to 300-400. thats probably gonna be your best bet. maybe a lanzar optidrive 2000d? it'd do something like 1500 @ 2 ohms. honestly you may save in the long run to sell you r's and either get dual 4 ohm voice coil type r's, or different speakers altogether.

Back