Need Speed Control Amplifier for 1994 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Speed Control Amplifier for 1994 Explorer

jtcygan

Reaction score
City, State
Wittmann, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer Sport
I have a 1994 Explorer with non working cruise control. They tell me the bad part is the speed control amplifier located up behind the glovebox. I have tried auto salvage yards around me but can not find one. Does anyone know where I can find a known working one?

th.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

th.jpg
I'm getting ready to junk my explorer, and the cruise control works. We should talk... no reason for a working part to get crushed. Is it someplace easy to get to?
Thanks so very much for your offer!!! Yes....Very easy to get to. Open the glovebox and pull the sides together. Allow it to come forward and swing down out of the way. Up above you will find a green plastic housing with 2 connectors. Be careful because the plastic case is very brittle and will shatter if handled roughly. It will be attached to a metal bracket with 1 or 2 screws. You should be able to carefully pull one side of it down to gain better access to the screws and connector release tabs. See attached photos. Hopefully they will give you a better idea of location and removal.

20180628_182533rszd.jpg

20180628_184727rszd.jpg

I attempted the removal of one of those from a parts Explorer and it fell apart. My cruise control was removed a long time ago, but I thought someone else might be able to use it. Be very careful when unplugging it from the harness, the green plastic is very brittle.

I'm getting ready to junk my explorer, and the cruise control works. We should talk... no reason for a working part to get crushed. Is it someplace easy to get to?
Roadrunner777, I replied back to you with instructions and photos for removal. Please email me at jdcygan@juno.com with any other questions. It would be great if I can get this part from you. Thanks so much!! John

Roadrunner777: I don't mean to keep bugging you, but are you still interested in providing me with this speed control amplifier? I have replied twice with no reply from you. I am willing to pay a reasonable price. Please email me @ jdcygan@juno.com or call at 815-519-8131. If you have changed your mind or the part is no longer available, please reply one way or the other so I know what to do on my end. Thanks in advance for the kindness of a timely reply. John

Thanks Phil! Appreciate your reply!!
John

Back