• Register Today It's free!

Need suspension help again

Free89BroncoII

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
Ok, on my BII I have a RC 4" lift.....and no I didnt pay for it. Now I am assuming that the front brackets are not a true 4" due to I have some crazy \ / in the front end. Now since I am going with a 5.0 I ordered Skyjacker 6" front coils to make up for the difference in weight. Here's where I am worried.....

Is this going to make for worse alignment? It was aligned after the lift and if you look at my build up thread you will see it is still way off. If I buy different front brackets will it help, such as Skyjacker or TC? Let me know what you guys think.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A. The coils will break in and come down a good bit after about a week of driving. (I know, i freaked at first too.)

B. It'll come down allot with the motor. Mine sits about right with the V8. Try to RC coils first. If they mash out, then try the skyjackers. If you ahve adjustable bushings.. you should be able to get it close.

skyjacker coils are soft, bur it sounds to me like you just bought 6" coils for a 4" lift and the RC 4" lift coils are already giving you + camber? the Skyjackers will make it worse or close to the same if this is true.

You do have 2.75 correction shims on the upper ball joint now and a drop pitman arm correct?

to fix + camber issues with the TTB you need to drop the axle/beam pivot points more (taller drop brackets)

Yes, I will be using Skyjacker 6" coils in 4" RC brackets. I know that this will cause more +camber but with the weight of the 5.0 hopefully I will be back where I'm at now.

The alignment was done but keep in mind that it was only on the road for 1 day before the motor decided to take a permanent vacation so the RC coils never even had a chance to break in.

Back