Need tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

jholloway34

Reaction score
City, State
Westerly, Rhode Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer Sport
I need tires for my completely stock explorer. Im in High School so I need to find them cheap. Any recommendations? My budget is around 500 bucks, even if the tires are used. I just need a start!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need tires for my completely stock explorer. Im in High School so I need to find them cheap. Any recommendations? My budget is around 500 bucks, even if the tires are used. I just need a start!

what size tires do you have and how fast do you need them

craigslist! also check your local les schwab or other tire/wheel shops, they usually have a few sets of used tires for sale at a good discount

Talk to a local tire shop. You'd be surprised how cheap you can get new tires if you just ask. Don't expect them to be great tires, but like you said, it's a start.

I would also keep an eye on Craigslist. If you are vigilant enough on there, you should be able to find a smokin' deal on tires, probably even with wheels included many times which you could sell and come out well below your $500 budget.

I believe the size is 255 75 16.5

I Suggest looking into General Grabbers. I have the Grabber HTS on my Explorer and love them. Even though they are not A/T's they are great in the rain and snow, and good for long highway drives.

I picked up a set of 4 matching tread Bridgestone Duelers off ebay for $130 shipped to the house for my gf's now sold/dead Grand Cherokee.

Back