Need to find parts to lower my First GEN 2WD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need to find parts to lower my First GEN 2WD

SHK N AWE

Reaction score
City, State
painesville,OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT/ 93 EB 4x4
Hello all, I have 2 xploders a 93 Eddie Bauer 4x4 And my new one a 91 2wd.
Well, I searched and read through all of the threads. The only kit that I can find available currently is the Eibach pro truck 2" spring drop w/ blocks in rear.

Is there any place that offers beams? or rear flips? Or even rear leafs? I contacted a few repitable distributers and to no avail. Any help or links will be greatly appreciated. Please send me in the right direction.

I'm in the process of doing the same on my X.

FRONT:
Here are some Drop I-beams.
http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=72419
it sure beats the old way of swapping to a Ranger Front Suspesion, THEN adding the Ranger Drop I-beams.
Add some 2" drop springs and you get about 5" of drop

REAR:

You don't want to 'flip' the axle on an X, it's ALREADY on top of the leafs (Ranger axles are UNDER the leafs) Just add a block and go.

I have been told that swapping in 95+ Sport rear mono-leaf, along with a 3" block will drop you about 5"-5.5"

Don't forget to get the drop shocks, Doetsch (sp?) are supposed to be the best ones offered for a dropped X.

Ryan

Hey man, thanks a lot for the info.. I went through some more threads and found out about chassis tech. They offer rear leafs for the X. I think they have the beams too, just not on their website.

Just for anyone wondering in future searches...

Eibach Protruck drop spring kit 2" springs front/rear blocks part #3540.530 ret.$253.00 found it online for $159.10

Aim industries front I-beams 3" drop part #IBE-EX9194 $489.00

Aim Industries rear leafs 3" drop LEA-EX9100-3 $149.99

I hope this helps out people in need.

Back