Need to Rent/ borrpw Rear Main Seal Installer 2002 v6 SHOC 4.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need to Rent/ borrpw Rear Main Seal Installer 2002 v6 SHOC 4.0

GMadd02

Reaction score
City, State
Rock Hill, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer 4.0 V6 XLS
Need to replace the rear main seal on my 2002 Ford Explorer V6 4.0 SOHC. I had the engine rebuilt 3 years ago and I did not do a good job installing the rear main seal. As it turns out you need a $300 installer to put the seal in correctly as it is a two piece seal and the wear metal seal can't touch the rubber/plastic seal. I'd by a seal installer but they are around $300 and I just can't seem to want to spend the money on something I am going to use once. Is there anyone out there who has one and is will to let me borrow it? I'd pay for shipping and throw in $20 rental fee.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this the tool and will it work on 4.0 OHV and 4.0 SOHC engines? The info in the ad is limited and I don't know how elated that the 2 different short blocks are. Click here

Is this the tool and will it work on 4.0 OHV and 4.0 SOHC engines? The info in the ad is limited and I don't know how elated that the 2 different short blocks are. Click here
Looks like the tool there was another for around $80.00 that says it will work on 2002 still a little more than what I want to pay for something I am only going to use once.

Post a link to the one that you are talking about. If I could afford it soon I would and the rent it to you. You are close enough to me that I would think that shipping wouldn't be much. Does Autozone, Oreilly's and/or Advance have it in there loner tool program?

Post a link to the one that you are talking about. If I could afford it soon I would and the rent it to you. You are close enough to me that I would think that shipping wouldn't be much. Does Autozone, Oreilly's and/or Advance have it in there loner tool program?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5574912417&icep_item=223789171731
The link is above (I hope) I'll buy it and use it and sell it to you for $65.00 and pay to have it shipped to you for free. Let me know

I'll send you a PM a little later.

Back