need to see 02 explorer with 3 inch lift.....i want to lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need to see 02 explorer with 3 inch lift.....i want to lift

Frostea

Reaction score
City, State
Worcester, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 limited v8
I have a 2002 limited v8 and i was thinking of adding a lift kit something small like 2 to 3 inches and maybe some bigger wheels
can someone show me or direct me to any pic of a 4 door explorer with a lift like that.

and maybe give me some good ideas on how to do it ..like who makes the best kit and stuff

Thanks

anything is appreciated

Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry but there is no lift kits for the 02 explorer (4door), and its not likely there ever will be due to the all around independent suspension. I have heard of some people installing coil spacers and body lifts but that was all custom work i believe, so you could look into that but it'll take some research. Now that I say that I'm curious of what kind of springs it uses, whether is coils w/shocks or coil overs and if thats still a body on frame design or if its a uni-body. Do you have a camera that you could take some pictures? maybe some people on here would be able to tell you what might work if they had some pictures to work with? I can post them for you if youd like, so the more the better...

Check out ExplorerExpress.com Last i heard they where offering a 2.5" adjustable lift for the 02+ 4drs.

The '02s use coilovers and have a full frame. There are a few companies that are making a 2". That is the maximum you will ever get without going extremely custom. If you look at the rear suspension the half shafts actually go through holes in the from to get to the wheel. That is the limiting factor there.

well i guess ill have to look into it
i was hoping it would be an easy thing to do

thanks

Back