Need VIN for specific configuration please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need VIN for specific configuration please

Dennis94XLT

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
I am trying to add autolights to my 2005 Explorer. I was adding the auto dimming mirror, door keypad and autolights. I put in all the parts, then verified the wiring and went to the dealer to have them activate the door keypad and autolights (autolamp) feature. The keypad was simple and is working great - the mirror worked without needing any programming - but the automatic lights didn't have an activate option. The dealer called Ford engineering and they said those instructions are embedded in a binary digital stream that covers several areas and is programmed in binary (non english) format. No one can program just part of it because Ford won't release the specific programming. So, they said I needed to find another explorer like mine - give the dealer the VIN and they would burn that vehicle autolamp settings into the module, then plug it in to my car and it should work.

My truck is configured like this:
2005 Explorer XLT with message center on dash. It is a 4X4. It has the standard one power seat. If you have a 2005 XLT 4X4 and you have autolamps but you don't have the dual memory seats and you do not have ajustable pedals, then your VIN will help me finish my project of adding autolamps. For those of you concerned about giving out a VIN - remember I don't know where you live and any burglar could read it from your windshield if they were inclined to try to steal your car. I can not figure out your door keycode with the VIN and I can't have a key made either (the dealer requires the vehicle with matching VIN be towed or driven to the service department before they will make a key. All I want is some help installing this option.

I'd appreciate anyone with this same truck if you would send me an email with your complete VIN and a list of your basic options. It must be a 2005 - it must be an XLT (not an XLT sport) and it must be 4X4, and it must have the autolamp feature. Most cars with the autolamps also have the door keypad so if you don't know about your lights but you do know you have that factory installed door keypad - I'd like to hear from you.

My email address is dennisrhunt@cox.net.

I have no ill intentions - I just want to get my autolights working and this is the only way I can do it.
Thank you for everyone reading this - I appreciate your time and help.

Dennis

Back