• Register Today It's free!

needing advice

gamez1

Reaction score
City, State
carpentersville Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
00' sport
:p:wondering, can someone tell me how to bypass the pats anti-theft when installing remote start on my 00 ford explorer sport? maybe some pics?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi there... You mean like to prevent your alarm from going off when you start up?
Just the installation portion?

Wrong forum...

Why is this in the Mug Shots forum?

Equipment for install

Do you already have the additional items need for the install? Is the remote start aftermarket or dealer?

Do you already have the additional items need for the install? Is the remote start aftermarket or dealer?

donner, thanks for the reply-- i have installed remote starts before but never on a vehicle w/anti-theft. just older models. so now my wife wants one in ours and i dont know how. usually i get the bulldog security ones.what additional items? l

I follow now...

You had me a bit nervous there by asking about bypassing anti-theft :D

I'll explain my situation with remote start: The shop said if it has a factory anti theft that they suggest I have the dealer install a factory system (but you are capable of your own installs - I'm not). The reasons they gave were cost factors and compatibility issues. They said they would have to disable the anti theft altogether - liability. But you sound like you want to keep the AT...

But this is not my area of expertise, so I will wait for an answer along with you. (And if you have time some day, could you post instructions on how to install a remote start? And if you do this one, could you post that too? I'd like to read how its done) Suerte mi compai! :salute:

Check out the Forums...

Start by going through the forums section... I didn't, and made so many mistakes, they shoulda threw me out of here :D

It takes a couple days to get used to the areas, but once you do you will become addicted :cool:

But don't worry, I think the moderators will move your post to the correct forum.. and we'll still be here to give you a hard time...

(Oh, don't take any offense to anything you read toward you, sometimes it sounds a little harsher than it is. You know how sites can be, someone says something, and people can misinterpret... doesn't happen too much here, but if it does, the moderators don't let it go on for long... And then there's the regional differences where we don't understand why people do what they do - I just ask.

I think that they make an alarm bypass module that will work for you. They are sold at most auto parts stores, and I think Wal-Mart even carries them! The install is fairly straight-forward, and it comes with pretty good directions. Check for that before you spend a lot of money at the stealership!

Donner I did a write up on my alarm/remote start install with some pictures when I did it on my 97. I would imagine it's still on the site....unless it was that bad. There was also some helpful comments posted if I recall which would have saved me tracing wires in the engine bay had I known.

The PATS system requires a tone generator that gets programmed into the system in place of a key. They send a signal to the tone ring when cranking to substitute the key. The lower-end systems will use a programmed key in a box, but I'm not a fan of that type of system.

I know the OEM Ford systems that integrate well with the PATS systems are made by Code Alarm. I won't use any other kind on my PATS-equipped vehicles. They don't play well.

-Joe

My apologies...

Donner I did a write up on my alarm/remote start install with some pictures when I did it on my 97. I would imagine it's still on the site....unless it was that bad. There was also some helpful comments posted if I recall which would have saved me tracing wires in the engine bay had I known.

I didn't see it... I'll check it out. (And there are no bad write ups on this site, because people like you make sure the correct information is available. :salute:

thanks 4 taking some time and checking/really apprecitive.

:thumbsup:
I think that they make an alarm bypass module that will work for you. They are sold at most auto parts stores, and I think Wal-Mart even carries them! The install is fairly straight-forward, and it comes with pretty good directions. Check for that before you spend a lot of money at the stealership!

:thumbsup:thanks 4 the info! will check it out.hopefully i can help others in the future.:)

Dang!!

Okay, that is talent! :salute: (I don't need to say more)

How in the world did you do all of that, take pictures, write up, and keep it understandable for the average person? I have no tech/elec talent, but I could follow those instructions with ease!

I just wanted to write it so it was easy to understand, I read for a month before I started the install, didn't find tons of stuff about it so I tried to include as much as I could, I wish I had taken more pictures but the camera went MIA halfway through the install. I'm glad other's could understand it and learn from it, any questions just lemme know and I can try and take more pictures if needed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You got it! Thank you!

Back