Neep Help Piecing my lift together! 2nd gen. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Neep Help Piecing my lift together! 2nd gen.

scramblin

Reaction score
City, State
russellville, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
96' Ford Explorer XLT
7" of lift ordered for 2nd gen today...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a thought today and was wondering if anyones ever thought about swapping the front end of a 1st gen Ex onto a 2nd gen ex? I don't know if it would be a good i dea or not but its just a thought that popped into my head today.

NOT a good idea! :D If anyting, you'd want to throw a solid axle on there! Much easier, stronger, better for larger tires.

Anyway, about finding the 4" lift, I'm pretty sure the contact is someone at the 4wheelparts in Memphis TN. Search around.. but I think that is right. Anyway, on their website its only just over $1400, which is better than the $1700 is use to be.

Yea I wasn't planning on doing that at all, I just had this crazy though....

Does anyone know of a phone number to the 4wheelparts in memphis, tn?

Thanks,
Kendal

Dead Link Removed

hey

Hey, Alrite im going to get the tires/wheels from desert rat and the lift from 4 wheel parts.

Only question that I have left is what size wheels to get? I will have the 4" Superlift and a 3" body lift on a 96' XLT. I don't mind trimming some at all.
I will have 35" x 12.50" baja claws but should I got with a 15 x 8? or 15 x 10? or what? And then, what backspacing would be the best?

Thanks,
Kendal

15x8 with 3.75" BS.

Thanks for the quick reply Alec, Have you recieved the remote yet?

Kendal

No, not yet.

Let us know how much you get the Superlift for! Thanks! :D

Hey,
I will be placing the order tommorow for my superlift 4", PA 3". 35 x 12.5 Baja Claws, and 15x8 AR wheels.

I have a few questions though. I will be asking 4 wheel parts tommorow when I call to place the order but, if I can find out the answer before I place the order that would be excellent.

First off, Does anyone know if the Superlift kit includes shocks? I hope that it does for the price. If they do, then does anyone know if 4 wheel parts would trade the 4" longer shocks for a 7" longer shock, since I will have a Body Lift on there also?
If the Superlift kit does not come with shocks, does anyone have any recomendations on shocks that come 7" longer than stock? What is the stock shock length?

I will post all final prices (shipping and all) tommorow once I place the order.
THanks,
Kendal

A body lift does not affect shock length.

And when and how did you send my remote?

Hey,
My old Jeep Scrambler had the rear shocks attached to a reinforced part of the bed. I dont know if it is factory or not..but that is how it was when I bought it.

I sent the remote out Mon. Morning and I sent it through a local Postage place. They sale all different sort of boxes and scales and envelopes and such. I am not sure rather they send things through USPS or UPS or FedEx or what. It should be there Any day though. It was shipped in a 6" x 3" x 5" box.

thanks,
Kendal

Just got finished ordering eveything.
35 x 12.50 radial Baja Claws mounted on 15 x 8 (3.75 bs) Black Rockcrawler Wheels...... Ordered from Desert Rat... The final price w/ shipping was $970.16!

PA 3" BL was 138.95 plus Superlift 4" was 1,409.95.
For a Total of 1538.90.... Ordered from 4wheel hardware so, Minus Explorerforumn.com 10% discount For a Total of $1394.01.

That brings me to a Grand Total of $2364.17! All that I have left to buy (I belive) is the Torsion Bar Tool... Does anyone have one for sale? Or would anyone mail me theirs and I'll ship it back when im done + $20.00?

I'll get pictures once eveything is on next weekend.
Thanks,
Kendal

Back