• Register Today It's free!

negitive affects thread...

kcheeba

Reaction score
City, State
Warrington, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96' XLT
nobody really responded as to what kind of negative effects lowering can have on the truck. im planning on dropping mine 3 in the front with a tortion key and 2 in the back but i need to know what the best method of doing this is as far as parts...and if that ratio of lowering ok?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ball joints will wear out a little faster.

Tie rod ends will wear out a little faster.

Front tires will wear faster if you go below 3" or so because you wont be able to get the camber set right.

Ride quality will suffer, but you wont notice it too much for a while since you will be so happy with the way it looks. After a year or two, you will make the mistake of riding in someones stock explorer and realize just how bad yours rides. You will then either bag it, return it to stock, lift it, or sell it.

How's that? :D

if you check out the new thread i posted you will see where u can go to get parts... 370 bucks for drop keys for the front. not flipping your factory. there clocked different, thats what lets u ride lower without the flip. and 3'' drop springs... dont worry since the X mostly sagg and inch in the ass end it will actully take it down to 2-2.5 at most. but the ride is very pleasent without all the harsh hits... take the bumpstops out when you do... or trim them to avoid them from rubbing wheelwell.

those accomplish nothing- still can't be aligned with the drop and now you have $370 plus shipping into it... which would have paid for a couple of nice tires that you will now surely wear out within 10k miles.

my allingment is perfect as you will see in my pics.. 0 degree with the purchuse of a 2.5 degree camber kit. so no its better then most setups with blocks n TT. there is no other negitives to this kit.

Back