• Register Today It's free!

Neutral Tow Switch

Earl Chapman

Reaction score
City, State
Irvington, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Limited 4X4 V8
I have been towing a Jeep Cherokee XJ behind my truck camper for some time but have always loved the lines of the 4th generaton Explorers so I took the plunge and purchased a 06 Limited 4X4 V8 after seeing I could tow it 4 down in the towing guide for 2006. Well...it just isn't so so now I'm stuck with it. The kit you need for this truck is not to be had. And dealers just scratch their stupid heads. Not sure what to do as I sold my Cherokee. If any one has any ideas let me know. Thanks and I do admit it is such a pleasure to drive. Oh well.

It is but when you go to the dealer they informed me it is no longer available. But this has given me an idea. Thanks. I'm going to do an internet buy through Ford Accessories and see what happens. Again Thanks.

I wonder what it does.
Maybe it just disconnects something so maybe you can tap to some circuit to get the same results.

Or just disconnect and hang the driveshafts at the differential sides. With a floor jack and a cordless impact gun, it's not that bad to disconnect them.

Back