Never Done, Build Thread for Kenne Bell Supercharged 5.0 Explorer with Ranger Edge Front Clip | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Never Done, Build Thread for Kenne Bell Supercharged 5.0 Explorer with Ranger Edge Front Clip

Hell yeah progress = good times

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got the short block together and installed. Next I set the headers in place and then heads.

I ground down a 1/4 socket to fit into the block and spin-up the oil. I will do that last thing before I fire her up the first time.

img_0258.jpeg

I ground down a 1/4 socket to fit into the block and spin-up the oil. I will do that last thing before I fire her up the first time.

find a old 302 or even a 351w distributor and gut it down to the shaft. never have to worry about a socket falling off

find a old 302 or even a 351w distributor and gut it down to the shaft. never have to worry about a socket falling off
Cool, ya, There is enough clearance that I was able to duct tape the socket on the extension.

I get a little time on her today, gonna install the starter and tranny inspection plate. Then set the headers in, bolt-up the heads and then bolt-up the headers. I think the headers will be easier to mount this way.

Every one of the old EV6 connectors broke when I removed them, the locking tabs. I ordered some EV1 type injectors connectors. I got some plugs that are one heat range cooler to install.............................much left to complete but not that far to go!!!!!

Progress:
in.jpg

Where did you get the injectors and what size?

I am running a 90mm Lightning MAF and 42lb injectors. I got the injectors off ebay, rebuilt and flow matched.

TLF Performance Parts

Beware the Chinese Bosch knock-offs. I really don't know about them, but wouldn't trust them with my build, they're cheap.

I got 8 ford racing 47lb injectors just sitting here useless lol
Someone will want em

I got 8 ford racing 47lb injectors just sitting here useless lol
Someone will want em
Poop, missed that, sorry. I was going to run 30's which would be enough, but I am likely to add more boost than 30 could provide for........

Poop, missed that, sorry. I was going to run 30's which would be enough, but I am likely to add more boost than 30 could provide for........
If you want em their yours 8 NEW injectors and the wire harness adapters
I'll take a loss and sell cheep I have no use for them lol
Just pm me
20200422_160912.jpg

Going to start her up soon, Progress:
img_2518.jpg

Got a couple larger, thinner fans and was able to get more than 2/3 of the radiator covered but it is tight:

img_2517.jpg

img_2515.jpg

img_2516.jpg

Looking great

Congratulations on the belt alignment!

oh my
Ill be over in just a bit
Are you going to re locate the coil packs?

Had to fight past PATS and bad plug wires. Started break-in and once I got her up to 3,500RPM the blower belt went. The pulley has enough of a wobble that it ate the belt! I have ordered another pulley and need to get with a machine shop..................................It was running great!

I suppose that's one heat cycle and I can tighten header bolts. I cut down the coil pack bracket to fit under the blower snout bolted down to the stock places.

I got the radiator pulled so I can get to the crank pulley.
back-down.jpg

My thoughts are to have the face of the crank pulley turned down enough to make it flat/90 degrees to the crank, cut a spacer to fit it with concentric to fit the blower pulley. Then I will mount the Supercharger pulley and spacer as I had previously.

The crank pulley face will be turned down enough to make it flat/90 degrees to the crank and a good flat mounting surface. They will cut a spacer to fit it with concentric to fit the blower pulley and then cut a sleeve to support the spacer/supercharger pulley. This is what we came-up with at the machine shop to mount the supercharger pulley to the crank pulley/balancer:

supercahrger-pulley-fix.jpg

This is my effort, brought it back so you can see the mounting bolts:

crank-pulley.jpg

The plan sounds good

Looks like I will have the pulleys tomorrow mid day! I will be up early working tomorrow so I make some time to go get them and install them.

I found a local shop that can make custom A/C lines. I am going to take-in a new stock hose, have him cut a section out of the hard line that has all the bends to go in front of the coils and put-in soft line. It will go strait across, under the blower snout, behind the coils and in front of the lower intake. It will get insulated.

She is running like a scolded puppy!

I have tuned with injector vs battery offset and injector slopes. I used Tweecer's Calcon to datalog AFR vs battery voltage and the made changes based on what I saw. The 90mm Lightning MAF I am using is well documented and is right on.

I got a bad thermostat for one set of fans to replace and need to get the dash temp gauge working. Then I can try the modified A/C high pressure line and hopefully get cool air this weekend.

I am watching IAT and ECT closely on Calcon/laptop. IAT sensor gets heat soaked running at 185 with the engine temp in the lower manifold. It was pulling timing, not now but will at higher temps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back