New 02' Sport.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 02' Sport..

Hi, new here, I just a month ago , purchased a new 2002 Explorer Sport, 5 speed manual too<< :D but I am really enjoying the functionality of this rig and can't wait to get it "tricked" out to carry the canoe and bikes.. But first I need to get the windows done.
It is a cookie cutter for now, white/gray with charcoal interior. It isnt' as confy as my last ride but I enjoy it, I was skepital of the handleing before I test drove it becasue of all the bad press these rides recieve, but after the test drive I found you have to be crazy to get it up off of all fours.. ;) And I am FORD to the bone as well.../ :p

sry no pics yet..

Stig.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the board and let the mods begin!

Originally posted by white96x
welcome to the board and let the mods begin!

:lol: soon very soon, I need to get that thing some air... poor thing is starving for air... little hole in the air box...:banghead: ... looks to have alot of unleashable power to be found... :D

Welcome to the best Explorer Board in the world. You are correct about getting air in! I would recomend the KKM or if you want to spend the extra money get the K&N. Then you need to get the air out! Go for a nice Gibson or Borla Cat back. Then Tie it all together with the Apten Performance Chip.

If you have any questions about the 01+ Sport let me know! I would love to help you out.

Check out my home page for lots of things to do the the +O1 Sports!

DSC01954.jpg

Also what kind of bike did you plan on putting in the back? I ride a Trek Fuel 90 w/Psylo SL fork.

Originally posted by Black Magic
Welcome to the best Explorer Board in the world. You are correct about getting air in! I would recomend the KKM or if you want to spend the extra money get the K&N. Then you need to get the air out! Go for a nice Gibson or Borla Cat back. Then Tie it all together with the Apten Performance Chip.

If you have any questions about the 01+ Sport let me know! I would love to help you out.

Check out my home page for lots of things to do the the +O1 Sports!

DSC00543.jpg

Also what kind of bike did you plan on putting in the
back? I ride a Trek Fuel 90 w/Psylo SL fork.

:eek: Nice sport!!! I mean bicycles ( like the cheap kind you get at wal- Mart nothing fancy) ... I am however looking for a motorbike,, V-Star 1100, or maybe an BMW, Vulcans are pretty nice too..

Your sport is sweet.. I am going to keep mine at current ride hieght, I would however like it to handle a little better, do you think wider tires would help a bit?

Stig.

Originally posted by Black Magic
For imporved ride, get Explorer Express Sway bars, and new shocks. Also Lowering helps alot too!

I don't know if I want to lower it, maybe later, I did figure that the sway bar replacement would help the Bar in the rear is very small, up front is a big one though.. Sorry about bicycles.. bikes confusion,,I have motorcycles on the brain lately.. :confused: But I want the ride height for the minimal off roading I will do, nothing major but some dirt roads and such... sway bars and better Shocks alone would help alot thought right?

STIG

Welcome to the world of modified Explorers. This is a great web site. You will find much help and support here. Your 5-Speed Sport has a lot of potential. You can improve the handling and still leave it stock height for moderate four wheeling. Our company Explorer Express has a rear sway bar upgrade that will improve road manners and reduce body roll. There is currently a group buy going on at this web site. The group buy price is $159.95 (see group buy section.)

There are many power upgrades available. Like Matt said your Explorer will benifit from a better intake system. We are fond of the Mac Intake ($139.95). It replaces the stock restrictive air box with an open air filter and chrome intake tube. We also carry the Mac Products Cat-Back Exhaust System. I do agree with Matt on the Apten chip. These three items will really "wake up" your Sport.

Other performance items we carry include a performance Mass Air Sensor by Pro-M and headers by JBA. If you want a big jump in performance you can wait for our X-Charger supercharger. I will soon have one reserved for Black Magic!

All these performance parts can be installed in stages. I recommend starting with the sway bar. Let me know if you have any questions.

John V @ EE

info@explorerexpress.com

Back